Senior Volleyball Tournament- The World Cup of Colts Neck High School

November 4, 2018

On the day of October 10th, hundreds of stressed underclassmen prepared for the PSAT, one of the most irrelevant tests of their entire lives, but something much more important, something with real consequences, was going on at that same time. The senior volleyball tournament took place in the gym on that fateful morning, where over 20 teams competed in pool play, followed by a bracket competition. The teams were full of spirit with custom uniforms and bandanas; one person even had a Chewbacca costume on. There were names like Slammin and Jammin and Donald Bump. It was a true showing of Colts Neck High School’s constant love of friendly competition.

The pool play was structured so that everyone played all the other teams in their group once before a quick break for lunch. Then the bracket round began. Teams were seeded based on their performances during pool play, with some teams receiving a bye-round before entering the competition. As the bracket continued to progress, the team Big Kitty N Ko began to edge out the competition and darted out to a quick lead in the finals. Just one point away from the championship, a comeback began, but it was eventually stifled declaring Big Kitty N Ko the champions of the senior volleyball tournament.

The volleyball tournament is a representation for all the best parts of Colts Neck High School. It provides a competitive environment for students to care about something but also have fun doing it. It’s inspiring for the students to participate in something together, and I think that Colts Neck needs more ways like this for student classes to come together in creative, unique ways. Either way, this year’s senior volleyball tournament was certainly a success, and has me looking forward to the next volleyball tournament, on November 15th for Free the Children.