The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Colts Neck High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

2024 Basie Awards Nominations

On April 30th, the 19th annual Basie Awards nominations were announced, first at a private ceremony at 4:00 pm, and then publically at approximately 5:00 pm. Modeled after the Tony Awards, the Basies considers all high schools in Monmouth County for their fall plays, comedic and dramatic, and spring musicals. Each production is assessed on a rubric based on acting and directing to set and costume design, choreography, lighting, and orchestra. The Basie Awards will occur on May 22nd at the Count Basie Center for the Arts in Red Bank. 

Colts Neck High School was honored enough to receive 9 nominations for the fall play Lend Me A Tenor and the spring musical The Drowsy Chaperone. Additionally, seniors Jessica Terlato and Anastasiya Vasilenko have been chosen to represent Colts Neck High School in the Basie Award’s opening number. Nominations and nominees for each show are listed as follows:

Lend Me A Tenor:

Outstanding Set Design of a Play

Dave Niemierowski

Outstanding Supporting Performance in a Female-Identified Role in a Comedy 

Alex Risi 

Outstanding Supporting Performance in a Male-Identified Role in a Comedy

Frankie Dige 

Outstanding Company of a Comedy

Joshua Ricatti, Anastasiya Vasilenko, James Black, Frankie Dige, Alex Risi, Jessica Terlato, Iyun Franklyn-Ayeni, Matty Faber, Reese Figueiredo, Nika Berg, Gianna Canova, Ria Karam 

Outstanding Direction of a Play

Alana Herron

Outstanding Production of a Play

The Drowsy Chaperone:

Outstanding Mixed Student & Adult Orchestra

Emma Fretz

Outstanding Featured Ensemble Group

Ria Karam and Hallie Alter 

Outstanding Chorus in a Musical

Abigail Riddle, Chris Luna, Erica DiNapoli, Ivanka Vashist, Joey Pazmino, Julia Scarpa, Lela Coxson, Lilly Cutrone, Melanie Aguilar, Nika Berg

Congratulations to all the students nominated for this prestigious award ceremony and who will be attending the Basies! Best of luck for May 22nd!