The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Colts Neck High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

The Upcoming Release of “The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes”

Eight years after the release of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay—Part 2,” yet another Suzanne Collins book adaptation is hitting the big screens.  “The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes” movie adaptation is set to premiere in theaters on November 17th of this year.  This movie, based on the prequel book to the Hunger Games series, follows Coriolanus Snow and his life before becoming the power-seeking, blood-thirsty, president of Panem.  It takes place decades before the time of Katniss and Peeta and follows the 10th Hunger Games.  The movie shows another side of Snow that the audience has never seen before, except, of course, in the book, but they should be excited.  

The new movie will star Rachel Zegler and Tom Blyth, as the main characters Lucy Gray Baird and Coriolanus Snow.  Francis Lawrence, the man who led the direction and production of the second, third, and fourth Hunger Games movies has returned to direct and produce this new spectacle.  This movie is projected to be a huge success, assuming it will follow in the footsteps of the first four amazing movies in the franchise.  The film, most likely being the last of the franchise, will probably be a wonderful movie, but it will be difficult to exceed the expectations brought about by the earlier movies.