The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Colts Neck High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder

Andie Bell was killed five years ago in a small town named Fairview, and almost everyone was quick to believe that Sal Singh, her boyfriend at the time, killed her.  When Sal was found dead only a few days later, all the evidence led directly to him.  Although most of the town believed Sal killed Andie, not everyone did.  So five years after Andie and Sal died, high school senior, Pippa Amobi-Fitz, picks up the case as her senior capstone project.  Partnered with Ravi Singh, Sal’s younger brother, Pippa follows a series of clues and leads in hopes of proving Sal’s innocence, and maybe even finding out the real killer.  

Out of five stars, this book deserves four stars.  It was a very interesting book to read, and for the most part, the action and suspense in this book kept readers on the edge of their seats, unable to put the book down.  Some parts were sad and even sort of scary, and the majority of this book was full of suspense.  However, this book cannot get a full five stars because, throughout the book, there were a few slow parts that were hard to get through.  This book was hard to get into at first because the beginning was kind of slow as well.  Overall, A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder, by Holly Jackson, is an amazing book, and worth reading.