The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Colts Neck High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Tips for Preparing for AP Exams

AP Exams are coming up and you know what that means…it’s time to start studying to achieve that 5! 

Review Your Old Notes

First, start by reviewing all of the notes you have received, doing one lesson each day a couple of months before the exam. This will ensure that you have a proper foundation of all the material before continuing to practice questions. 

Do As Many Practice Questions As Possible

Doing practice questions will be a huge help for the AP Exam so that you can expose yourself to similar questions that may be asked on the exam. Getting as much exposure to as many questions as possible will be a great help in the long run. Personally, I recommend AP Classroom Formative Assessments and Progress Checks, Khan Academy Quizzes, and Unit Tests. 

Utilize All of Your Resources

The internet is a wonderful resource to use. It has several videos to watch to gain a better foundation on a topic. Additionally, the internet also has a myriad of resources such as free practice tests or questions with answer keys. 

Study With Your Friends

Creating an efficient and reliable study group with the peers in your class is helpful because they can help you understand a concept if you do not understand it. These classmates can also serve as a support system throughout the stress of studying for the exam. 

Studying for an AP Exam may seem daunting at first, but it is important to always maintain a positive mindset and to stay organized. These are two key components that will ensure success! Good luck!