The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Colts Neck High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Colts Neck High School Girls Basketball

The smell of the freshly cleaned gym floors was potent in the air as Colts Neck’s girls basketball team started their warm-up. On December 5, Colts Neck’s girls varsity and JV basketball teams had a scrimmage against Holmdel. During this scrimmage, the varsity girls played a total of 4 quarters, and the JV girls played 2 quarters. Each quarter is 8 minutes long, and the scoreboard resets in between each quarter. During the varsity girls time on the court, they were able to tie the 3rd quarter and then they were able to win the 4th quarter. We would also like to note that the JV girls were able to win their first quarter against Holmdel. 

Overall the girls played very strong, especially considering there are only 10 girls on the varsity team including 3 freshmen. Both varsity and JV teams will have another scrimmage this Friday, December 8th at 4:00 pm against Jackson Memorial. We believe these girls can win this scrimmage and will have a great season this year.  The girls’ official season will be starting next week with the first game being against Hudson Catholic on December 15th. We wish the girl’s team the best of luck this season and are looking forward to watching these girls compete together throughout this season. Lastly, we would like to specifically congratulate Matti Caffiero, Julianna Camera, and Jamie Lombardo for making the varsity team as freshmen.